I hope you’re staying safe! Since I just realized that I won’t have a seemingly endless pit of pictures to choose from anymore, so if you want to send requests, feel free. The one with the most recs by the start of the next day UK time wins.
(Also - if you’ve ever eaten at Tottenham Hotspuds Cafe, I’m dying to know about it.)
Ramble of the Day
Let’s keep it simple today, and maybe get some film and television recommendations while we’re at it: What’d you do over the weekend without football?
I watched a number of things, spending most of Saturday cleaning out the DVR and Sunday picking out random items.
- Whatever was on NBC after the Today show Saturday morning, since I spent most of my morning looking through old Cartilage Free Captain articles for our brackets
- The Soup (off the DVR)
- Manifest (off the DVR)
- The Biggest Loser (off the DVR; I read Kaityln Tiffany’s piece about social distancing for The Atlantic during one episode)
- Part of a Harry Potter film (not sure which one; I spent most of it looking through Netflix for possible post-dinner watching)
- Casino Royale
- Say Yes to the Dress; England
- Silicon Valley (not really; my sister’s watching it while I write this up)
- Jojo Rabbit
Clearly not an exciting slate, but feel free to share. I’m very curious to see any overlap!
tl;dr: I’m just going to tell you to go to the top because this isn’t very long.
Links of the Day
Liga MX suspended play.
Supplemental reading: an updating list of postponed and suspended sports from The Guardian
- Fiorentina’s Patrick Cutrone, five Valencia players, and four Sampdoria players and a team doctor tested positive for COVID-19.
The pilot flying the plane carrying Emiliano Sala was not licensed to fly.
Today’s longer read: Tariq Panja on Wuhan FC, the Chinese Super League side stuck in Spain since January, finally returning as China recovers and Spain’s cases of coronavirus grow for The New York Times