Tottenham Hotspur is stumbling on multiple fronts right now. The gap behind fourth place Chelsea sits at five points with multiple clubs in between the London rivals in the table, a second leg in Leipzig awaits with a 1-0 deficit heading into the tie, and critical injuries have damaged the starting XI, including now a knock to Hugo Lloris.
Nevertheless, Spurs continue on three fronts, with the FA Cup resuming on Wednesday. Despite unimpressive performances in their first two rounds, the chance for a Quarterfinals appearance looks promising. Sure, Middlesbrough and Southampton both fought for draws at home before dropping the replay fixture in London, but the Fifth Round will be played at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
The visiting Norwich City still sits at the bottom of the Premier League table. This will be the third match in a little over two months between these two sides, with Spurs winning at home and drawing on the road. Even without any real strikers and their starting keeper, odds are in favor of the home team. Nothing seems to come easy anymore, but this is a fairly straightforward fixture.
The FA Cup may very well be Tottenham’s best shot at a trophy this year. While most of the performances have been uninspiring, all it takes is a win to advance and keep staying alive. Jose Mourinho still seems unsure of his best lineup, and cup ties typically feature rotation anyway, so there may be some unique combinations on the pitch Wednesday. With the way things have been going as of late, any change is probably a good thing.
TEAM NEWS— Norwich City FC (@NorwichCityFC) March 4, 2020
◾ Four changes to Friday's starting XI
◾ Vrancic, Trybull, Rupp, and Drmic come in
How to Watch
Date: Wednesday, March 4, 2020
Time: 2:45 p.m. ET, 7:45 p.m. BT
Location: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, England
Streaming: ESPN+ (USA), BT Sport Live (UK)
Cartilage Free Captain has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!