It has been a good stretch for Tottenham Hotspur, with back-to-back wins over the past week and 10 points from its last four matches with only two goals conceded. Accordingly, Spurs have now jumped into seventh place and are on track for a Europa League place if they can finish out the rest of the year well.
Sunday’s opponent has not been quite as strong lately, although Leicester City did do Tottenham a favor on Thursday, holding Sheffield United down in eighth place. The Foxes seemed like a lock for Champions League football next year, but a dreadful return from the coronavirus break has left them in a battle with Chelsea and Manchester United for third and fourth place.
Premier League Table
Both teams have plenty to play for, but it does seem like Spurs have the advantage here. Leicester have looked shaky over the past month, while Tottenham are finally putting it all together. The defense has been much better and Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min have reminded us of just how good the attack can be when things are going right.
Only once this season has Tottenham won three straight Premier League matches, so a win today (and potentially one next weekend as well) would be a nice positive to carry into next year after a very trying campaign. It might not be the biggest prize, but at least Spurs have something to play for as the season finally winds down.
How to Watch
Date: Sunday, July 19, 2020
Time: 11:00 a.m. ET, 4:00 p.m. BT
Location: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, England
TV: NBCSN (USA), Sky Sports (UK)
Streaming: NBC Sports Live (USA), Sky Go Extra (UK), fubo.tv (free trial)
Cartilage Free Captain has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Cartilage Free Captain and SB Nation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our guiding principles.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!