It’s weird to say since it feels like we literally just finished the Premier League season, but Tottenham Hotspur are already gearing up for a new one. Spurs are taking on League One side Ipswich Town today at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the first of a series of preseason friendlies against lower-tier competition.
This is one of those literal the results don’t matter kind of matches, especially since a bunch of players haven’t returned for training yet. Harry Kane’s stuck in his house under quarantine after returning from the Bahamas, and other players like Dele, Eric Dier, Giovani Lo Celso, etc. aren’t back yet. So we’ll likely see a mix of established first teamers and youth teamers in today’s lineup. New signing Pierre Hojbjerg will likely feature at some point, as will Son Heung-Min and Harry Winks. Maybe we’ll even see a surprise or two.
Here’s your match thread, but remember — don’t take this seriously. It literally means nothing apart from fitness and general preparedness.
How to Watch
The good news is that American fans can watch this match on Bleacher Report Live. The bad news is that it’ll cost you $10 for a month’s subscription. That’s cheaper than what Tottenham are charging those who want to stream the match through N17 Live and who aren’t season ticket or One Hotspur members, so count your lucky stars.
A reminder that links to illegal streams are strictly forbidden to site rules. Violators will be banned.
Date: Saturday, August 22, 2020
Time: 10:00 a.m. ET, 3:00 p.m. BT
Location: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, England
TV: hahahahahaha lol
Streaming: Bleacher Report Live (subscription required, USA), tottenhamhotspur.com (UK) Other countries see livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!