Who’s ready for another friendly? Tottenham Hotspur host Championship club Reading FC at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium today in their second preseason tune-up. There aren’t many indications on how Spurs will line up in this match, but you’d think it’ll probably be pretty similar to what we saw against Ipswich last weekend.
Harry Kane is still in quarantine after returning from the Bahamas and hasn’t yet returned to Spurs’ training. Tanguy Ndombele has tested positive for COVID and is likewise unavailable. We’ll likely see a bunch of Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg again, a little of Spurs’ first teamers, and a whole lot of youth and players in the shop window. And that’s ok!
Just in case you’re wondering, there will NOT be a post-match thread for this one as all of us are working on a Friday, but I’ll try and get some match reactions up later tonight or at the weekend once I’ve had a chance to actually watch it.
First Half Lineup
How to Watch
The good news is that American fans can watch this match on Bleacher Report Live. The bad news is that it’ll cost you $10 for a month’s subscription. That’s cheaper than what Tottenham are charging those who want to stream the match through N17 Live and who aren’t season ticket or One Hotspur members, so count your lucky stars.
A reminder that links to illegal streams are strictly forbidden to site rules. Violators will be banned.
Date: Friday, August 28, 2020
Time: 10:30 a.m. ET, 3:30 p.m. BT (delayed from original kick-off time)
Location: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, England
TV: hahahahahaha lol
Streaming: Bleacher Report Live (subscription required, USA), tottenhamhotspur.com (UK) Other countries see livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!