If you are reading this article because Alex Morgan just signed for Tottenham Hotspur Women for the 2020-21 season and you’re wanting to learn more about the club, then welcome! Spurs are at Everton today to take on the Toffees, one of their rivals for “best of the rest” last season behind the top four clubs in the table. Come watch with us and join the comment section!
Everton are a solid team — they beat Spurs at home last season and Tottenham scraped a very good draw at home in March just before the league shut down due to COVID. They finished sixth last season, one spot ahead of Spurs on points per game, despite ending the season with one fewer point.
Everton have also added a couple of impact players this summer, signing former Portland Thorns forward and Australian international Hayley Raso and acquiring Scottish international Claire Emslie on loan from Orlando Pride for the next six months. You might also recognize Kika van Es, a mainstay defender for the Netherlands.
No, Alex Morgan isn’t going to play today (sorry). Not only has she barely touched down in London, but she’ll need to go into a 14-day quarantine before she can train. So Spurs will need to find a way to get things done today without their exciting superstar signing.
Last week against West Ham Spurs had a little trouble with their finishing. They’ll need better shots from Kit Graham and Rianna Dean, their two best offensive weapons, and hopefully winger Angela Addison can stretch the defense and create some scoring chances.
How to Watch
Today’s match is not televised, but will be streamed for free on The FA Player. Registration is required.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic,
- or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!