Things are about to become a whole lot more fun for Tottenham Hotspur, and hopefully that translates to results on the pitch as well. The past week has been a whirlwind between Gareth Bale, Sergio Reguilon, and the narrow escape against Lokomotiv Plovdiv, but Sunday brings about a little normalcy with a trip to Southampton for a good old fashion Premier League contest.
Tottenham saw a whole lot of the Saints last season. Like in Bulgaria, both Tanguy Ndombele and Harry Kane scored in a 2-1 win at home last September (despite playing most of the match with 10 men), while Southampton returned the favor with a 1-0 win on New Year’s that saw Kane go out injured. The two sides met a few weeks later in the fourth round of the FA Cup, drawing 1-1 at St. Mary’s before Spurs won the replay 3-2 in London behind late goals by Lucas Moura and Heung-Min Son.
It has not been a great start to the new season for Southampton, falling 1-0 to Crystal Palace last weekend before crashing out of the League Cup to Championship side Brentford on Wednesday. Spurs have obviously not looked extremely strong to begin the year either, but hopefully there will be some renewed enthusiasm with both the exciting incoming transfers and the Europa League victory mid-week.
Lloris (C), Doherty, Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Hojbjerg, Winks, Ndombele, Lucas, Son, Kane.— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) September 20, 2020
@WilliamHill latest (18+)https://t.co/D25HIx605k #THFC ⚪️ #COYS pic.twitter.com/fib0EAUDZb
❤ T E A M S H E E T— Southampton FC (@SouthamptonFC) September 20, 2020
Today's team revealed for our meeting with #THFC at St Mary's: pic.twitter.com/9TBnsG05cO
How to Watch
Date: Sunday, September 20, 2020
Time: 7:00 a.m. ET, 12:00 p.m. BT
Location: St. Mary’s Stadium, Southampton, England
TV: none (USA), BT Sport 1 (UK)
Streaming: Peacock Premium (USA), BT Sport Extra (UK)
Cartilage Free Captain has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Cartilage Free Captain and SB Nation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our guiding principles.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an unmoderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!