Tottenham Hotspur caught a bit of a break this week when its Third Round League Cup match was postponed due to a Covid outbreak at Leyton Orient. At this point it looks like Spurs will be gifted a free pass into the next round to set up a date against Chelsea. Either way, the squad was able to remove one match this week from an extremely crowded stretch of fixtures.
Up next is the second of potentially three one-legged Europa League qualifiers. Tottenham advanced to the Third Qualifying Round last week by sneaking by Lokomotiv Plovdiv in Bulgaria. Though the Lilywhites looked in control for most of the match, they fell behind in the 71st minute before a Harry Kane penalty and Tanguy Ndombele winner put them ahead of the hosts.
The Third Round will see Spurs again travel to Eastern Europe, this time to face KF Shkendija of North Macedonia. As he did in the Second Qualifying Round, Jose Mourinho is likely to feature a strong side, highlighting his desire to compete in the Europa League. Unfortunately this could turn into another gritty match, though it is unlikely to be as bizarre as last week’s affair.
Spurs should have plenty of confidence coming off a weekend full of joy on and off the pitch. After officially signing Gareth Bale and Sergio Reguilon on Saturday and dismantling Southampton behind Heung-Min Son and Harry Kane on Sunday, things could not have gone much better for the club. Hopefully the good times keep rolling in North Macedonia.
Hart, Aurier, Sanchez, Alderweireld (C), Davies, Winks, Ndombele, Dele, Lamela, Bergwijn, Son.— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) September 24, 2020
@WilliamHill latest (18+)https://t.co/C0DAfqUR1c#THFC ⚪️ #COYS pic.twitter.com/tVn4GOZ8x2
Lineup ✅— Shkëndija Football Club (@fcshkendija) September 24, 2020
SuperSport #ShkëndijaTottenham pic.twitter.com/ehO3JW8PEp
How to Watch
Date: Thursday, September 24, 2020
Time: 2:00 p.m. ET, 7:00 p.m. BT
Location: Tose Proeski Arena, Skopje, North Macedonia
TV: none (USA), Premier Sports 1 (UK)
Streaming: Bleacher Report (USA), Premier Player HD (UK)
Cartilage Free Captain has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Cartilage Free Captain and SB Nation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our guiding principles.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an unmoderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!