It’s Tottenham Hotspur’s final warm-up of the preseason before the Premier League starts in full force next weekend. Today, Tottenham are at Vicarage Road to take on the newly-relegated Watford.
Spurs are without a whole bunch of players, pretty much anyone who has been called up for an international match, either with the senior side or the U21s/18s. But Son Heung-Min is still around. So’s Joe Hart. We could see some faces that have been missing the past couple of weeks like Harry Winks, Giovani Lo Celso, and Davinson Sanchez. Or maybe we’ll just get a whole slew of academy kids. That’d be interesting too, as it’d be nice to get a good long look at Dennis Cirkin and Harvey White.
How to Watch
A reminder to our American viewers — this match is NOT on Bleacher Report Live, as their deal was restricted to home friendlies only. Watford is streaming it on their website for a fee of £5. That is, as far as I know, the only legal way to watch today.
Watford vs. Tottenham Hotspur (preseason friendly)
Saturday, September 5, 2020
10:00 a.m. ET / 3:00 p.m. BST
TV: this match is not televised.
Streaming: Available for £5 via “Hive Live” platform on Watfordfc.com. Registration required.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic,
- or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!