The FA Cup is magical. While the Premier League and European competitions are typically given priority by big clubs (and certain former managers), there is something exciting about the world’s oldest football tournament. Though Tottenham Hotspur has failed to capture the cup since 1991, perhaps this year could end differently.
Spurs were given the most favorable draw when they were matched against eighth-tier Marine FC, and by any measure this match should not be that competitive, especially given Jose Mourhino’s comments this week about fielding a legitimate side and valuing the opportunity to compete for domestic trophies.
However, that has not been the focal point of this fixture. A cup tie like this in a normal year would do wonders for any sort of smaller club — let alone one the size of Marine — but it will be a little different this season without fans in the stands. Nevertheless, the home side should see some nice television revenue and surely has been enjoying all the publicity leading up to the weekend.
Of course, this is also an exciting occasion for Cartilage Free Captain, whose logo will be placed on the Marine shorts. Thanks to many of you we were able to contribute over $12,000 to the club and it will be a bit surreal to see the website’s logo on display during an actual football match. It has been a lot of fun leading up to this weekend, and Marine will surely be a club that many Tottenham supporters will keep an eye on in the future.
⚪ Hart, Doherty, Alderweireld, Rodon, Davies (C), Sissoko, White, Gedson, Dele, Lucas, Vinicius.@WilliamHill latest (18+):https://t.co/XmZWEmB3dm#THFC ⚪️ #COYS pic.twitter.com/7hPrePo1JL— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) January 10, 2021
Here’s our line-up for the big game! @EmiratesFACup #COYM pic.twitter.com/7DKnhVDbXn— Marine Football Club (@MarineAFC) January 10, 2021
How to Watch
Date: Sunday, January 10, 2021
Time: 12:00 p.m. ET, 5:00 p.m. BT
Location: Marine Travel Arena, Liverpool, England
TV: none (USA), BBC One (UK)
Streaming: ESPN Plus (USA), BBC Sport Web (UK)
Cartilage Free Captain has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Cartilage Free Captain and SB Nation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our guiding principles.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an unmoderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!