Already in the League Cup final, the quest continues for Tottenham Hotspur in the FA Cup, with another winnable fixture on the docket. Against all odds, Spurs have somehow continued to receive favorable draw after favorable draw, this time matched up against Wycombe Wanderers in the Fourth Round. They will have to make a quick trip outside London, but this a simple one on paper.
Wycombe is dead-last in the Championship but did defeat league-mate Preston North End in the Third Round of the FA Cup. That is about the only highlight of their season though, with relegation squarely in the picture. Spurs should be able to field a fairly rotated sided and still come out ahead, which is important with Liverpool visiting on Thursday.
Tottenham has faced Wycombe just one other time, coincidentally also in the Fourth Round of the FA Cup. The 2017 tie was quite memorable, with four second half goals — including a 89th-minute Dele Alli equalizer and a late stoppage-time winner from Heung-Min Son — stealing the 4-3 victory at White Hart Lane.
Hopefully this match does not require the same heroics. Spurs cruised against Marine in the Third Round and had a pair of comfortable League Cup wins over the past month against similar levels of competition. A win today would set up a steeper test against Everton in the Fifth Round, but all things considered, there could be worse draws.
️ Hart, Tanganga, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Davies (C), Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Bale, Lucas, Vinicius.— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) January 25, 2021
@WilliamHill latest (18+)https://t.co/6uGcK1MOl4 #THFC ⚪️ #COYS pic.twitter.com/S5SN60Xu7A
TEAM NEWS: Here's how your #Chairboys line up!#WYCvTOT pic.twitter.com/pZqhGFrxYK— Wycombe Wanderers (@wwfcofficial) January 25, 2021
How to Watch
Date: Monday, January 25, 2021
Time: 2:45 p.m. ET, 7:45 p.m. BT
Location: Adams Park, Wycombe, England
TV: none (USA), BT Sport 1 (UK)
Streaming: ESPN Plus (USA), BTSport.com (UK)
Cartilage Free Captain has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Cartilage Free Captain and SB Nation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our guiding principles.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an unmoderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!