Tottenham Hotspur are in need of a win, and there’s no better time for it than today in the Carabao Cup Round of 16. After back-to-back-defeats in EPL and Conference League, advancing to the quarterfinals can get things back on track. Chelsea, Arsenal and Sunderland, have all advanced already with their victories yesterday but there’s five more spots to be determined today. Burnley have earned their spot today by beating Newcastle on penalties then dismantling an overmatched Rochsdale while Spurs defeated Wolves on penalties themselves. Let’s pick up a win and move on.
How to Watch
Burnley v. Tottenham Hotspur
Wednesdasy, October 27, 2021
Time: 2:45 PM ET, 7:45 PM UK
Where: Turf Moor, Burnley, Lancashire, England
TV: ESPN+ (USA)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!