clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

The Hoddle of Coffee: Tottenham Hotspur News and Links for Wednesday, October 28

Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur - Carabao Cup Round of 16 Photo by Stu Forster/Getty Images

Hi, everyone!

Yesterday’s poll was not kind to Nuno Espírito Santo. The commentariat decided they’d rather not have him around another year even if it meant winning the Carabao Cup — 56% went that way, the other 44% the other way.

Ramble of the Day

I think we’re all in agreement that this version of Tottenham is boring. I’m sure many of us also agree that the last version wasn’t that interesting, either. Let’s practice an exercise in the opposite, then, and share a recent footballing highlight that was fun.

The first one that pops into my head is from the USWNT’s Tuesday 6-0 victory over South Korea, when Tobin Heath did this before Lynn Williams scored the game’s final goal.

That move is the definition of having fun watching football — unless you’re the person tasked with being the defender in that instance, of course.

tl;dr: Tottenham is boring so let’s share some recent fun football highlights to remind ourselves of the possibilities.

Stay informed, read this: Brittany Hobson on the Edmonton Oilers’ collaboration with Cree artist Lance Cardinal on acknowledging the Indigenous land the team’s stadium is built on for the CBC

Links of the Day

Adelaide United’s Josh Cavallo came out as gay, becoming one of a few openly gay active male footballers.

The IFAB agreed to permantly allow managers to make five substitutions in a match.

Former England international Kieron Dyer is in the hospital undergoing tests.

Kansas City’s NWSL club will build the US’ first stadium built for a women’s team.

Barcelona fired Ronald Koeman, ending his year-long spell as manager.

A longer read: Ewan Murray on former Rangers manager Walter Smith, a legend of the Scottish game who died aged 73 after a battle with cancer for the Guardian