Forget the Detroit Lions — is there a more iconic combination than Tottenham Hotspur and roast turkey on Thanksgiving Day? Spurs are in action today in Slovenia to face [checks notes] NS Mura in the Europa Conference League group stage.
When these two teams last met in London, Spurs had a narrow 2-1 lead in the second half with a heavily rotated side, before Nuno Espirito Santo subbed in Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min. Spurs ended up romping to a 5-1 home win. A lot has changed since then — Nuno is out, Antonio Conte is in for starters, and this match is now being played in Slovenia. Will it make a difference? Maybe, but this is a Mura side that is winless in the group and has a -8 goal differential, so hopefully Conte can put together a rotated team that doesn’t need to rely on too many starters.
A quick housekeeping note: it’s Thanksgiving Day, and the bulk of the Carty Free staff is unavailable due to travel, or just would rather focus on family/friends/food and not taking time out of their day to work on a Spurs match. Therefore, we are NOT covering this match live on social media today, and the recap will come later in the day and not immediately after the final whistle. We know many of you will be watching — that’s what this thread is for! But we also hope you understand that we need a day off once in a while.
Let’s go! COYS!
Your starting XI to face NŠ Mura! pic.twitter.com/CDetGPUCRd— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) November 25, 2021
How to Watch
Ljudski Ljudski Stadium, Maribor, Slovenia
Sunday, November 25, 2021
12:45 PM ET, 5:45 PM UK
TV: None (USA), BT Sport 2 (UK)
Stream: Paramount+ (USA), TUDN (USA - Spanish)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!