Always playing on the road is about the only complaint Tottenham Hotspur can have regarding its cup draws this year, save for an early contest against Chelsea. Things will likely be tougher from here on out, however, as the team progresses deeper in multiple knockout competitions.
A memorable Third Round trip to Marine and a 1-4 dispatching of Wycombe in the Fourth Round have set up an FA Cup date with Everton on Wednesday. The Toffees set Spurs off on an inauspicious start to the Premier League season in September and currently sit ahead in the table, though their recent form has not been dominant by any means.
Jose Mourinho gave himself a little breathing room by dispatching West Brom on Sunday, but he will likely see the door if he cannot bring home some silverware this season. The FA Cup is still a viable pathway, and while Everton are no easy opponent, there were theoretically worse draws out there.
Spurs hope to carry some momentum forward from the weekend after three straight defeats prior. Staying alive in the cups is probably the most important thing right now, so expect a good lineup even with Manchester City this Saturday. There is still plenty of time to turn things around, and matches like these can be a big boost.
: Lloris (C), Doherty, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Davies, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lamela, Bergwijn, Lucas, Son. @WilliamHill ⚪️ #COYS pic.twitter.com/kZt2cc1wNc— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) February 10, 2021
⚠️ ! ⚠️— Everton (@Everton) February 10, 2021
Your Everton team to face Spurs...#EmiratesFACup #UTT pic.twitter.com/S1sF2MjWzF
How to Watch
Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2021
Time: 3:15 p.m. ET, 8:15 p.m. BT
Location: Goodison Park, Liverpool, England
TV: none (USA), BT Sport 1 (UK)
Streaming: ESPN Plus (USA), BTSport.com (UK)
Cartilage Free Captain has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Cartilage Free Captain and SB Nation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our guiding principles.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an unmoderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!