L - L - L - W - L - L. Tottenham Hotspur has taken just three points from its past six Premier League matches, scoring a total of four goals. It always feels too early to give up on a Champions League spot, but with so many teams vying for fourth place, it looks fairly unlikely this team is capable of jumping back up the table.
This domestic collapse has ironically come at a time where the club’s Europa League chances keep growing. Quality of competition is obviously the big reason for that, but the Round of 16 yielded yet another favorable draw for Spurs, so while the troubles in the league continue, the chance for a trophy remains alive on two other fronts.
Burnley are not great, though that does not seem to make a difference for Tottenham. The two sides nearly drew at Turf Moor in October, but a late Heung-Min Son header — assisted from a Harry Kane header — gave Spurs the 0-1 win and set off their best run of form this season.
Those days are long gone. Tottenham must find a way to revive itself, and that means figuring out how to score, as the defense remains imperfect. Unfortunately, Burnley is as stingy in front of net as always and is unlikely to allow too many great opportunities on Sunday. At this point it seems foolish to expect anything other than frustration.
LINE-UP | Here is how the Clarets line-up against Spurs today. ⬇️— Burnley FC (@BurnleyOfficial) February 28, 2021
Jay Rodriguez and Matej Vydra lead the line, with Chris Wood returning to the bench, alongside in-form U23 striker Lewis Richardson. #TOTBUR | #UTC | @eToro
How to Watch
Date: Sunday, February 28, 2021
Time: 9:00 a.m. ET, 2:00 p.m. BT
Location: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, England
TV: NBCSN (USA), Sky Sports Main Event (UK)
Streaming: NBCSports.com (USA), Sky GO Extra (UK)
Cartilage Free Captain has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Cartilage Free Captain and SB Nation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our guiding principles.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an unmoderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!