Here we go again! Tottenham Hotspur Women are back in action on Saturday as they travel to Banks’s Stadium to play Aston Villa in WSL league action. The match kicks off at 7:30 a.m. ET, 12:30 p.m. GMT. Why post this thread so early? So that our American friends can know that it’s happening and make plans to wake up early to watch. With me. And coffee.
Villa are WSL debutants this year, promoting from the Championship last season, though they’ve found life in the top flight to be difficult and are currently only two points ahead of Bristol City at the bottom of the WSL table. Spurs know that feeling too, after a rough start to the season. However, things have been picking up. Tottenham had their three match winning streak snapped at Chelsea last week, Rehanne Skinner’s first loss as Tottenham manager.
This is the second time these two clubs have played each other this season — Tottenham’s 3-1 win at The Hive in December was the start of the club’s turnaround under Skinner in the new year. Alex Morgan scored on a penalty kick, Rosella Ayane scored another, along with a Villa own goal. Spurs will need to be careful of complacency, but they played well for the opening part of the Chelsea match and can take those positives into Bank’s Stadium on Saturday.
Spurs have two internationals on their roster with Abbie McManus and Cho So-hyun who could make her debut in this match. Villa added Japan international forward Mana Iwabuchi to boost their attack; Iwabuchi has 72 caps and 29 goals for her country.
Villa are desperate to stay up, Spurs are hoping to crack the top half of the table.
How to Watch
Aston Villa Women vs. Tottenham Hotspur Women
Saturday, February 6, 2021
7:30 a.m. ET, 12:30 p.m. GMT
Banks’s Stadium, Birmingham, UK
TV: not televised (USA/UK)
Streaming: The FA Player (free, registration required)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic,
- or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!