Tottenham Hotspur were rewarded for winning its Europa League group by drawing overmatched Austrian side Wolfsberger in the Round of 32. Back-to-back four-goal performances helped Spurs coast to an 8-1 win on aggregate and move onto the next round for a date with Dinamo Zagreb, who beat Krasnodar 4-2 over two legs.
Spurs are again big favorites, though Dinamo should pose a slightly tougher challenge than Wolsfberger, who they finished ahead of in Group K. The Croatian side has some experience in Europe, recently falling to Benfica in extra time in the Europa League Round of 16 in 2019 and then qualifying for the Champions League group stage last season.
Though Tottenham was drawn to play the second leg at home, the fixtures were reversed due to Arsenal also playing at home on the same schedule. While normally it is an advantage to start on the road, not having to travel to Croatia ahead of Sunday’s North London Derby may work out for the best. Additionally, Spurs should be able to progress regardless of the order of the matches.
Jose Mourinho and company have suddenly found new life after winning three straight Premier League fixtures, and suddenly the league is making itself a bigger priority with fourth place again within reach. Thankfully, Spurs should be able to play a fairly rotated side against Dinamo on Thursday and still head into next week’s match with some breathing room.
How to Watch
Date: Thursday, March 11, 2021
Time: 3:00 p.m. ET, 8:00 p.m. BT
Location: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, England
TV: TUDN (USA - Spanish), BT Sport ESPN (UK)
Streaming: Paramount Plus (USA), BT Sport Extra (UK)
Cartilage Free Captain has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Cartilage Free Captain and SB Nation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our guiding principles.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an unmoderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!