At the top today is forward Kit Graham.
Ramble of the Day
It seems like today’s a good day to have thoughts and feelings about Harry Kane, isn’t it? I’ll start.
- I still wonder if the clubs of Kane’s liking want to meet the asking price of £150 million, per The Telegraph.
- Is Kane prepared for the possibility that these clubs may opt not to spend that money?
- I also wonder how much money it takes for Chelsea to land Kane, since they’re the only English team in the mix willing to meet Levy’s value per The Independent. (The report also says “it is the move Levy just wouldn’t countenance, while Kane does not want to completely sour his relationship with Spurs’ supporters,” so I think it would take a lot.)
- It’s never truly fun to force a fanbase to realistically put a price on a player that is emblematic of the romance football can promise.
- Will Kane be the perfect fit for City, as they now have a spot available for a talented but injury prone forward with Sergio Agüero leaving the club?
tl;dr: Feel free to dedicate today’s comments section to your thoughts on Harry Kane.
Stay informed, read this: Dan Hajducky interviews newly-inducted Basketball Hall of Fame member Tamika Catchings on overcoming hearing loss for ESPN
Links of the Day
Real Madrid’s Toni Kroos tested positive for COVID-19.
Sam Mewis and Rose Lavelle left Manchester City to join the North Carolina Courage and OL Reign, respectively.
Germany’s Marc-André ter Stegen will miss the Euros after undergoing knee surgery.
Police Scotland are investigating a claim Rangers players used sectarian language while celebrating their title win.
Brighton and Hibernian struck a partnership focused on player development at both clubs.
La Liga changed the kickoff time for its final weekend of the season to avoid conflict with Eurovision.
A longer read: Paul MacInnes on supporters’ return to stadiums in England, which begins this week for the Guardian