Looking for some Tottenham Hotspur transfer updates? Oh buddy, is this the post for you! Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano just finished a live interview with Ricky Sacks from Last Word on Spurs and Jamie Brown from Spurs Express that was all about Tottenham’s transfer deals. Romano was asked about everything from Harry Kane and Manchester City, to Lautaro Martinez, to Maxence Lacroix, and lots more.
The video is embedded above so those of you who are interested can watch the whole thing on YouTube, but below are some of the bullet points. I’m sure that I missed some of them, so feel free to augment or to discuss anything about these reports in the comments.
- Harry Kane still wants to leave the club and has been very direct about that. Spurs are holding firm to their valuation and will not sanction a move unless Manchester City meets it.
- Spurs are NOT interested in any players-plus-cash deals, it’s straight-cash-homie or go pound sand.
- If an acceptable City bid does not come through, Kane’s camp could consider the idea of a new contract at Tottenham.
- Spurs are very interested in Lautaro Martinez from Inter Milan, but now so is Atletico Madrid. Inter is supposedly now demanding €90m.
- Paratici loves Dusan Vlahovic from a scouting perspective. Fiorentina are trying to tie him down to a new contract with a release clause equal to what they want for the player, but nothing agreed.
- Takehiro Tomiyasu is still a player of interest, but is one of a number of options at the present time. Bologna still hasn’t accepted Spurs’ bid, Tottenham could circle back to him with time.
- The club is “not desperate” to sell Tanguy Ndombele, but he is one of a couple of players (like Ben Davies) for whom they would listen to offers at the right price.
- Paratici has a strong relationship with the agent of Denis Zakaria and Corentin Tolisso, both players linked to Spurs today. Part of Paratici’s scattergun approach to transfers. Defensive midfield is a priority for Spurs in this window.
- Paratici likewise wanted to sign Houssem Aouar at Juventus, very interested in the player, something could happen there in the right conditions in the next couple of weeks.
- Japhet Tanganga could still go on loan. He turned down the Turkey move, wants to stay at Tottenham but will decide later on about a loan if a good one comes in.
- There is interest from Everton for Harry Winks, but he wants to stay and fight for his place.
- There is nothing advanced with Maxence Lacroix.
- Fabio had no information on Paolo Palhinha, will be investigating.