Tottenham Hotspur host their neighbors to the north in the form of Watford today. Despite all the turmoil and chaos of the summer, Spurs can move to top of the table going into the international break with a victory. Harry Kane is expected to start after his brace Thursday in the Conference League play-off, which will add to the attack.
Watford are currently mid-table and recently purchased Moussa Sissoko from Spurs. It is entirely possible we see the former Spurs midfielder lining up against us, depending on manager’s decision. Taking nine points out of nine would be a heck of a start, and would be the first time in the Premier League Spurs would be top of the table with rival Arsenal at the very bottom.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an unmoderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!