The transfer window has closed, so it’s time to be bored during an international break.
Ramble of the Day
Deadline day is always a busy day, so the best strategy is not to jam them in the links but just list them out here. Shall we?
- Atléti signed Antoine Griezmann on loan from Barcelona
- Chelsea signed Saúl Ñíguez on loan from Atléti
- Arsenal signed Takehiro Tomiyasu from Bologna
- Everton signed Salomon Rondón from Dalian Pro
- Real Betis signed Héctor Bellerín on loan from Arsenal
- Crystal Palace signed Odsonne Édouard from Celtic
- West Ham signed Alex Kral on loan from Spartak Moscow
- Newcastle signed Santiago Muñoz on loan from Santos Laguna
- Brighton signed Abdallah Sima from Slavia Prague
- Real Madrid signed Eduardo Camavinga from Rennes
- Leicester signed Ademola Lookman on loan from Leipzig
- Leipzig signed Ilaix Moriba from Barcelona
- Feyenoord signed Reiss Nelson on loan from Arsenal
- Torino signed Dennis Praet on loan from Leicester
- Leeds signed Daniel James from Manchester United
- Burnley signed Connor Roberts from Swansea
- Juventus signed Mohamed Ihattaren from PSV
- AC Milan signed Yacine Adli from Bordeaux
- Brighton signed Marco Cucurella from Getafe
- West Ham signed Nikola Vlasic from CSKA Moscow
- Juventus signed Moise Kean on loan from Everton
Turns out, doing a simple roundup of Premier League ins and outs plus a few notable moves on the continent is a lot. That’s deadline day for you!
tl;dr: Let’s just do the links in the ramble because deadline day is always busy.
Stay informed, read this: Priya Krishna on Maritza and Reyna Vazquez, owners of Austin restaurant Veracruz All Natural, on paving the way for regional Mexican cuisine for The New York Times
Links of the Day
Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson signed a new contract with the club.
Barcelona’s Jordi Alba and Sergio Busquets took pay cuts so the club can register Sergio Agüero.
Racing Louisville fired head coach Christy Holly.
The Mauritius government halted funds to the country’s FA after an investigation was opened into claims someone was recording women in a bathroom at the FA headquarters.
A longer read: Suzanne Wrack details how members of the Afghanistan women’s national team escaped Kabul last week for The Guardian