Tottenham Hotspur Women opened their WSL season last week with a win over Birmingham City. Today they’ll face a much tougher test — a trip to Manchester City. City are one of the best clubs in the WSL and should be competing for a title this season. They also have a familiar face on their squad — former Spurs Women midfielder Alanna Kennedy, who joined City this summer after her Spurs contract expired.
Against Birmingham, Spurs looked dominant in possession but were betrayed by their finishing. Despite numerous chances, Tottenham needed a goal-slash-cross from Kit Graham en route to a narrow 1-0 win. City are unlikely to allow them as many opportunities, and their strength in attack means Spurs’ defense is likely going to be under enormous pressure all day.
But that’s why you play the games. Spurs have been patiently waiting for their first Big Four win since joining the WSL. Could that happen today?
To be posted when released by the clubs.
How to Watch
Manchester City Women vs. Tottenham Hotspur
Sunday, September 12, 2021
1:45 p.m. ET, 6:45 p.m. UK
Manchester City Academy Stadium, Manchester, UK
TV: not televised (USA), Sky Sports (UK)
Streaming: The FA Player (free, registration required), NBCSports.com
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!