The EFL Cup begins today for Tottenham Hotspur in the third round. Spurs take a trip to the Molineux Stadium to face Wolves, who Spurs defeated in Premier League play a few weeks ago. It is possible that Nuno Espirito Santo rotates heavily for this match, but the indication is he’s bringing a large squad with him and will break down the selection prior to kickoff. We know that Steven Bergwijn and Lucas Moura are out due to injury, which hampers selection in the attacking band. With the North London Derby this weekend, it wouldn’t be a huge surprise if Nuno punted.
How to watch
Wolves vs. Tottenham Hotspur
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
2:45 PM ET (US), 7:45 PM (UK)
TV: ESPN+ (USA)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an unmoderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!