Happy New Year, everyone! Hopefully your hangovers aren’t bad this morning because Tottenham Hotspur are looking to nab three points at Vicarage Road against relegation-threatened Watford. The Hornets, for lack of a better term, have been pretty putrid as of late in dropping their last five league matches. They currently sit just two points clear of the drop zone above Burnley, Newcastle United and Norwich.
Spurs, meanwhile, are playing leapfrog with West Ham United and Manchester United as of late, trading fifth, sixth and seventh place week in and out. That will almost certainly continue until one of these clubs go on a run. January isn’t going to be easy for Spurs as they face Chelsea three times in five matches with a North London Derby sandwiched in. For now, we focus on Watford and grabbing three points to kick off 2022.
Your team to face @WatfordFC pic.twitter.com/7qZNhrGT7S— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) January 1, 2022
— Watford Football Club (@WatfordFC) January 1, 2022
Here's your first Hornets line-up of the New Year!#WATTOT pic.twitter.com/i4BIfPa96o
How to Watch
Watford vs. Tottenham Hotspur
Vicarage Road, Watford, England
Saturday, January 1, 2022
When: 3:00 PM UK, 10:00AM ET
TV: USA Network (USA)
Streaming: Premier Player HD (UK), DAZN (CAN)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!