For the third time in as many weeks, Tottenham Hotspur are playing Chelsea, once again at Stamford Bridge. But while Spurs dropped two to the Blues in the League Cup semifinal earlier this month, now it’s in the Premier League. And this time, Spurs have something they didn’t have the last time around: Eric Dier.
No rotation this time — Antonio Conte will be putting out as strong a team as he can muster. Dier is back in central defense after recovering from injury. Son Heung-Min and Cuti Romero are both close to return, but are unlikely to start until after the upcoming international break. Will Steven Bergwijn be able to duplicate his heroics from midweek? Can Spurs cut Chelsea’s lead over them in the Premier League table to just five points... with Spurs having three matches in hand?
After last week, anything’s possible. Smash ‘em, Tottenham.
Your starting XI to face Chelsea! pic.twitter.com/zx8110oC3h— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) January 23, 2022
How to Watch
Chelsea vs. Tottenham Hotspur
Stamford Bridge, London, England
Sunday, January 23, 2022
When: 11:30 a.m. ET, 4:30 p.m. BST
TV: not televised (USA), Sky Sports (UK)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!