We’re halfway through the group stage of the UEFA Champions League, and nothing has been settled in Group D. Tottenham Hotspur sit in second place with four points, two points behind group leader Sporting and level on points with today’s opponent Eintracht Frankfurt. The two clubs played to a scoreless draw just a week ago in Germany, meaning today’s return leg is crucial in determining qualification.
Spurs are coming off an emotional 1-0 victory over Brighton and Hove Albion this past weekend, dedicating the match to late fitness coach Gian Piero Ventrone. Antonio Conte led a memorial of sorts at Hotspur Way to help the healing as the squad mourns the loss of the popular coach. Players such as Son Heung-Min and Harry Kane have discussed in length what he meant to the club and how they want to kick it into high gear. Getting three points against Frankfurt and getting into pole position for qualification to the knockout round would be a hell of a way to do it.
Here's how we line-up! #UCL pic.twitter.com/yWkVJFejDZ— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) October 12, 2022
How to Watch
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Eintracht Frankfurt
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, England
Time: 8:00 PM UK, 3:00 PM ET
TV: BT Sport 3 (UK)
Streaming: Paramount Plus (USA), DAZN (CAN)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!