It’s the home stretch before the World Cup.
Tottenham Hotspur will formally enter a long break after this weekend thanks to the international competition, but Spurs aren’t escaping without fixtures being packed into the calendar like sardines. On tap today is a Carabao Cup third round match at Nottingham Forest. If the timing of this round feels late, that’s because it is. The third round is usually played toward the end of September and the fourth round at the end of October.
I have no idea what to expect lineup-wise from Antonio Conte today, and the same goes for Forest. I’d expect the home side to go full strength as it’s a cup competition. Personally, I’d like to see a couple of younger players get their chances today like Bryan Gil and maybe even Alfie Devine if he made the trip north. Forest are very bad but you can’t take anything for granted in cup ties, especially on the road.
Lineups will be posted one hour prior to kick-off.
How to Watch
Nottingham Forest vs Tottenham Hotspur
Carabao Cup Third Round
The City Ground, Nottingham, England
Time: 7:45 PM UK, 2:45 PM ET
Streaming: ESPN+ (USA), DAZN (CAN)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!