It seems ages ago when Spurs surprised Manchester City in the season opener, defeating the Citizens 1-0 in a defensive display that seems impossible now. While Spurs briefly enjoyed being top of the table after three matches, things have gone south and now Spurs sit in eighth place. City, on the other hand, are nine points clear of Liverpool and have been nuking teams from orbit. Their +47 goal differential means they score in bunches and don’t surrender much. Spurs have been a thorn in their asses in recent seasons but getting any kind of result today would be huge.
How to Watch
Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur
Etihad Stadium, Manchester, England
Time: 5:30 PM (UK), 12:30 PM EST
TV: NBC (US), Sky Sports (UK)
Streaming: DAZN (CAN)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!