Note: This article can and should also be used as the match thread for Tottenham Hotspur Women vs. Aston Villa. Kick-off time is 9:00 a.m. ET / 2 p.m. BST, streamed on faplayer.thefa.com
After two weeks where the focus was shifted entirely to international football and the World Cup in Qatar this coming winter, it’s good to have the Premier League back. Tottenham Hotspur are back in action this morning against Newcastle United, a team that looked set for relegation before they were purchased by the sovereign wealth fu... [stern look from Premier League lawyers]... uh, friendly Saudi Arabian businessmen. Since January, the first opportunity for the new regime to stretch its financial muscles, Newcastle have only lost twice. Unfortunately for them, it’s been the past two matches, narrow losses away at Chelsea and Everton.
Unfortunately, this is no longer a sad-sack team. The January additions of former Spurs man Kieran Trippier, striker Chris Wood, and CM Bruno Guimaraes. have given Toon a shot in the arm, and we should all expect them to spend like drunken sailors this summer to fund a swift progression up the table.
But that’s for later. Today? Let’s smoosh ‘em. A Tottenham Hotspur win doesn’t guarantee Top Four but it puts the pressure on Arsenal to keep winning. For now, that’s enough.
This is how we line-up this afternoon! pic.twitter.com/gSO5Yf7EQE— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) April 3, 2022
How to Watch
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, England
Time: 11:30 AM ET, 4:30 PM ET
TV: USA Network (USA), Sky Sports (UK)
Streaming: NBCSports.com, Peacock
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!