Hello Spurs fans! Tottenham Hotspur are flying back from Israel after a 1-0 preseason friendly loss to Roma in stifling heat and humidity, so we don’t expect a ton of Spurs news today. That’s okay, because there’s something more important going on — the Women’s European Championship finals between England and Germany at Wembley Stadium!
If you haven’t been following the Women’s Euros, well you’ve missed out on some fun football. This is a home tournament for England, and they’ve taken advantage of the home crowds and a historically good team to land in the finals against a Germany team that had yet to concede a goal until the semifinal win over France.
This should be a super fun match to watch. This is your open thread to watch it. The usual match thread rules apply.
England vs. Germany: Women’s Euro 2022 Finals
Time: 12:00 p.m. ET, 5:00 p.m. BST
Venue: Wembley Stadium, London, England
TV: ESPN (USA), BBC One (UK)
Stream: ESPN+ (USA), BBC iPlayer (UK)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!