Hey! Hey you! Are you fully COYS and are ready to cheer on Beth England who is now wearing a Tottenham Hotspur shirt? Then this is the open thread for you! Tottenham Hotspur Women are set to play Aston Villa Women away today with their shiny new England international almost certainly leading the line for them.
But it won’t be easy. Aston Villa have some England internationals of their own in Jordan Nobbs, Rachel Daly, and Lucy Staniforth. Villa are currently three points ahead of Spurs in the table and have plenty of talent in their squad. Spurs are in the middle of a dismal run of form. But if they can get England’s England the ball and an open look at goal, good things might happen.
Let’s get our WOSO on. This is your open thread. COYS!
England makes her debut! Here's how we line-up against Aston Villa ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/EdooRDwnsZ— Tottenham Hotspur Women (@SpursWomen) January 14, 2023
How to Watch
Crystal Palace vs. Tottenham Hotspurs
Bescot Stadium, Walsall, England
Time: 12:30 PM UK, 7:30 AM ET
Streaming: The FA Player
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!