The FA Cup is back, and can’t you feel the magic? Tottenham Hotspur are in Lancashire to face Preston North End at the wonderfully-named Deepdale Stadium in the fifth round of the FA Cup. Preston is where Tottenham youth striker Troy Parrott is currently on loan; thankfully rules prevent him from playing against his home club.
Preston are 11th in the Championship at present, but are three points out of fourth place. They also are known for playing a relatively sicko form of defensive football and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they sit lots of men behind the ball today and are tough to break down.
Tottenham could field a relatively strong team, though there are doubts as to whether Harry Kane will start after playing vs. Fulham with a fever and battling illness this past week. Could we see a debut for new loan signing Arnaut Danjuma? We might!
How to Watch
Preston North End vs. Tottenham Hotspur (FA Cup 5th Round)
Saturday, January 28, 2023
1:00 p.m. ET / 6:00 p.m. UK
TV: not televised (USA), BBC One (UK)
Stream: ESPN+ (USA, subscription), BBC iPlayer (UK)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!