Forget the Battle of the Bridge. That’s old hat. The Dad Derby is here.
Tottenham Hotspur take on Chelsea in a Monday night fixture that is a real test of Spurs’ “could we?” credentials. Spurs have been historically pretty woeful against the Blues, but history goes out the window when you have Postecoglou’s Ange-ball coming up against ex-Spurs coach Mauricio Pochettino’s Bielsa-inspired style.
There’s always a lot of feeling in this fixture, and that will be informed further by Pochettino’s return to Tottenham. Many thought that would happen one day; but not many thought it would be at the helm of a rival like Chelsea. It’s been a tale of contrasting fortunes for both managers, with Spurs soaring towards the top of the table while Chelsea languish in midtable - and Ange will be hoping to take the feeling off the table with a controlled, commanding performance.
How to Watch
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, UK
Monday, November 6, 2023
Time: 3:00 p.m. ET, 8:00 p.m. UK
TV: No USA broadcast, Sky Sports Premier League (UK). Check international listings at livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!