It’s been a good Christmas period run for Tottenham Hotspur, as they moved back into the top four after defeating a spirited Everton in the weekend. Unfortunately, City’s win yesterday meant Spurs dropped out of the guaranteed Champions League spots, and the Lilywhites will be hoping to retake that fourth position (and perhaps even move to third with a big win) with a fixture against Brighton.
After the Seagulls flew high last season, De Zerbi’s team has struggled a little more this time around, being impacted by injury and inconsistent performance. One blow will be the loss of dangerous winger Kaoru Mitoma, out with an ankle injury; while the injury news has continued to get worse for Spurs, with Cristian Romero now nursing a hamstring strain.
It’ll be a familiar refrain, however, for this Spurs side - even when missing key players, it’s still possible to play Ange Postecoglou’s sparkling system - and definitely still possible to entertain and terrify!
How to Watch
Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Tottenham Hotspur
The American Express Community Stadium, Falmer, East Sussex, UK
Thursday, December 28, 2023
Time: 2:30 p.m. ET, 7:30 p.m. UK
TV: USA Network; not televised in UK. Check international listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: nbcsports.com; Amazon Prime (UK)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!