Spurs are not in a good spot right now. After a few days of riding high, Spurs got one bad break after another, starting with Hugo Lloris being ruled out 6-8 weeks thanks to a knee injury. Ryan Sessegnon’s hamstring decided to act up as well, and then Spurs got their teeth kicked down their throat by Leicester City. As if there wasn’t enough salt in the wound already, Rodrigo Bentancur suffered a ruptured ACL and is out 6-8 months.
So how do Spurs get over this? Beating AC Milan today would certainly help, but it’s no small task to go to Italy and win, especially at the San Siro. AC Milan aren’t exactly world beaters. They currently sit in fifth place in Serie A and have spent most of 2023 hemorrhaging goals. Since the ball dropped in NYC, they’ve been outscored 19-9 and have had long stretches of lethargic play. That being said, Spurs haven’t exactly looked great either. It should make for an interesting tie.
Lineups will be posted one hour prior to kick-off.
How to Watch
AC Milan vs. Tottenham Hotspur
San Siro, Milano, Italy
Time: 8:00 PM UK, 3:00 PM ET
TV: BT Sport 1 (UK)
Streaming: Paramount Plus (USA), DAZN (CAN)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!