There was a joke in the writer’s room earlier this week that most of the clubs between places four and eight are so inconsistent that 60 points might be enough to qualify for the Champions League next season. While that’s probably a little bit of wish casting, it might not be far off. Newcastle look to be coming back to Earth while Fulham and Brighton are hit and miss. Liverpool seem to be figuring things out again so Spurs have to watch their rear view mirror for them.
As for Spurs, we know the drill: They just can’t put together a run to take advantage of other clubs fading. Three points today would vault them over Toon and back into fourth place, just four points behind Manchester United as of press time. While things aren’t great for Spurs, things are absolutely dire for West Ham. They’re currently in the relegation zone and have just one win in league play this calendar year, a 2-0 result over Everton on January 21. Before that, you have to go back to October 24. Of course, West Ham play Spurs like it’s a cup final so the phrase “toss the records out” probably strikes true here. It will be spicy, no matter what.
Lineups will be posted one hour prior to kick-off.
How to Watch
Tottenham Hotspur vs. West Ham United
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, England
Time: 4:30 PM UK, 11:30 AM ET
TV: Sky Sports (UK), USA Network (USA)
Streaming: NBC Sports App (USA), DAZN (CAN)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!