It does not get any easier for Tottenham Hotspur with five matches to play.
Ryan Mason’s first match in charge this season was a tale of two halves, one in which Spurs looked a bit of a mess with lack of energy while the second half they looked like the Destroyer of Worlds at times. Mason-ball gave supporters something to enjoy for at least 45 minutes as the interim manager got his adjustments and substitutions correct, taking the match to Manchester United and putting them on the back heel.
While Top Four is on life support, the race for Europa and Europa Conference is alive and well. Today’s match will go a long way to helping us figure out who gets those spots, especially since the positions down to 7th will qualify for European play thanks to domestic cup results. Spurs have not won at Anfield since 2011 when Rafael van der Vaart and Luka Modric scored in a 2-0 victory. If Spurs somehow pull out three points, it will stop the Reds dead in their tracks on their run and give Spurs some much needed breathing room between them. That doesn’t address the surge from Aston Villa, but that’s a discussion for May 13.
Lineups will be posted one hour prior to kick-off.
How to Watch
Liverpool vs. Tottenham Hotspur
Anfield, Liverpool, England
Time: 11:30 AM ET, 4:30 PM UK
TV: USA Network (USA), Sky Sports Premier League (UK)
Streaming: DAZN (Canada)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!