This roller coaster of a season is almost over, and if Tottenham Hotspur are going to make it into Europe, they have zero margin for error.
With last week’s loss to Aston Villa, one more loss would be catastrophic as Spurs sit in seventh place. Brentford are no slouches either and they have an outside chance of jumping both Spurs and Villa if the dominoes fall right for them. They aren’t going to show up just to roll over and play dead, and Ryan Mason knows that.
The club has a ton of smoke around it regarding a new manager and director of football, but with neither of those spots filled, it’s still Mason’s show. We’ll see what he has cooked up for a solid Brentford side that wants to leapfrog their fellow Londoners.
My only message to Spurs is today is my birthday. Please don’t start it off badly.
Let’s get three points.
Lineups will be posted one hour prior to kick-off.
How to Watch
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Brentford
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, England
Time: 7:30 AM ET, 12:30 PM UK
TV: USA Network (US), BT Sport (UK)
Streaming: PDAZN (Canada)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!