Tottenham Hotspur conclude their preseason tour today in Singapore with a friendly match against Lion City Sailors at the Singapore National Stadium. At least we won’t have to worry about this match getting rained out — the stadium has a roof!
Spurs were supposed to play AS Roma in this match, but Jose Mourinho’s club pulled out after some financial shenanigans by their tour promoters, so Spurs instead are playing Lion City Sailors, a team currently third in the Singaporean League table.
Big Ange has said not to stress out too much about team makeup and who plays where just yet — it’s about fitness and practice, nothing else. So if your favorite player (Tanguy!) isn’t where he should be (starting!) well, that doesn’t mean anything, necessarily.
Remember, this is a friendly. It’s meaningless. It won’t stop anyone from deciding they want to take every performance way too seriously, but it does mean that if you do you really should go out and touch some grass afterwards.
Your Spurs side in Singapore— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) July 26, 2023
How to Watch
Lion City Sailors vs. Tottenham Hotspur (friendly)
Singapore National Stadium, Singapore
Time: 7:30 p.m. Singapore, 7:30 a.m. USA, 12:30 p.m. UK
TV: CBS Sports Network (USA), not televised (UK)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!