A month of World Cup action comes down to one final match in Sydney. England, winners of the European Championships in 2022, have an opportunity to win the country’s first World Cup since 1966 after dispatching Nigeria, Colombia, and the hosts Australia en route to the final. But they’ll need to get past Spain today, who had a tough road of their own, defeating Switzerland, the Netherlands, and Sweden to make it this far.
This has been a wonderful tournament to watch, a real celebration of football, one of the best I’ve seen. Hopefully the final lives up to everything that has led to this moment.
Will be posted when released by the clubs (or whenever I wake up before the match)
How to Watch
Spain vs. England (World Cup final)
Stadium Australia, Sydney, Australia
Sunday, August 20, 2023
Time: 8 p.m. Sydney, 6 a.m. USA, 11 a.m. UK
TV: FOX (USA), BBC One (UK). Check international listings at livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!