Manchester United are currently a club in somewhat of a free-fall. The Red Devils have only one win from their last five Premier League fixtures, and are currently languishing in ninth position on the table. They come up against a Tottenham Hotspur side that will be brimming with confidence, if not stars, with a number of encouraging results over the tricky festive period.
Unfortunately for Spurs, matches aren’t played on paper, and the impact of losing captain Heung-Min Son, Yves Bissouma, and Pape Matar Sarr to the Asia Cup / AFCON can’t be underestimated. With that said, the squad will be buoyed by the exciting new additions of Radu Dragusin and Timo Werner to the squad, as well as the potential returns of Mickey van de Ven and Cristian Romero to the side. Old Trafford has not been a happy hunting ground for Spurs over the years, but this side is made of sterner stuff, and the Lilywhites will be hungry to continue their good run against a floundering United team.
How to Watch
Manchester United vs. Tottenham Hotspur
Old Trafford, Manchester, UK
Sunday, January 14, 2024
Time: 11:30 a.m. ET, 4:30 p.m. UK
TV: Not televised in USA; Sky Sports Premier League (UK). Check international listings at livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!