Welcome to the FA Cup! Tottenham Hotspur are getting their campaign started in the third round, kicking things off against fellow Premier League combatants Burnley. The Clarets have played some nice football this season, with very little to show for it, currently languishing in the relegation zone.
That doesn’t mean Spurs will be able to cruise through this tie, however: we all know Tottenham’s history in this competition over the last few years, and Ange Postecoglou’s squad is still missing some key personnel. This has been exacerbated by the departure of Heung-Min Son, Pape Matar Sarr, and Yves Bissouma to the Asia Cup / AFCON. Hopefully a somewhat rotated side will have what it takes to make it through to the next round; God forbid there’d be a replay!
How to Watch
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, UK
Friday, January 5, 2024
Time: 3:00 p.m. ET, 8:00 p.m. UK
TV: Not televised in USA; ITV1 (UK). Check international listings at livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!