If Tottenham Hotspur are going to win the FA Cup this season, they’ll have to beat the best of the best. So I guess, why not start early? The fourth round of the FA Cup was held this evening, and Spurs were drawn at home to Manchester City. The match will take place the weekend of January 27.
In a draw that features one sixth tier club and many other clubs League Two or lower, this draw BLOWS. You never want to draw Premier League teams in the early rounds; Spurs have already beaten one and now will have to go through the FA Cup holders and the biggest fish in the pond. And they’ll almost certainly have to do it without Son Heung-Min, Pape Sarr, and Yves Bissouma who will all likely still be away at AFCON and the Asian Cup.
Which will make beating them after Timo Werner puts one in off his ass in the 92nd minute even funnier, right?
Here’s the full draw.
- Watford vs. Southampton
- Blackburn Rovers vs. Wrexham
- Bournemouth vs. Swansea City
- West Brom vs. Brentford/Wolves
- West Ham/Bristol vs. Nottingham Forest/Blackpool
- Leicester City vs. Hull City/Birmingham City
- Sheffield Wednesday vs. Coventry City
- Chelsea vs. Aston Villa
- Ipswich Town vs. Maidstone United
- Liverpool vs. Norwich/Bristol Rovers
- Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City
- Leeds vs. Plymouth Argyle
- Crystal Palace/Everton vs. Luton/Bolton
- Newport County/Eastleigh vs. Wigan/Manchester United
- Sheffield United vs. Brighton
- Fulham vs. Newcastle United