Tottenham Hotspur’s road in the Champions League ends here, today. Spurs are set to take on CSKA Moscow in their final group stage match in the competition; with no path to escape their group, the only thing left to play for is to parachute into the knock-out stages of the Europa League.
Which they can do with any kind of a result against the defending champions of the Russian Premier League! But don’t think that CSKA will roll over. They don’t want to finish last in their group and drop out of Europe entirely either. Spurs escaped Moscow with a 1-0 win in their first encounter, so expect a stiff test from the Russian side.
For Spurs fans, the big question is how seriously Mauricio Pochettino will take this match. They’re unlikely to break any attendance records this time around in Wembley Stadium, and while Pochettino talked a big game about doing their best in Europa, Spurs also have a big league match at Old Trafford coming up this weekend. Some rotation is expected. How much rotation could lead us to a further understanding of whether Poche is talking out of his posterior.
Subs: Vorm, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Dembele, Sissoko, Nkoudou, Onomah. #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) December 7, 2016
CSKA lineup: Akinfeev, Nababkin, A. Berezutskiy, V.Berezutskiy, Shchennikov, Natcho, Golovin, Tosic, Milanov, Dzagoev, Traore. #UCLonFOX— FOX Soccer (@FOXSoccer) December 7, 2016
How to Watch
Date/time: Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 7:45 p.m. (UK), 2:45 p.m. ET (USA)Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Nicola Rizzoli (ITA)
TV: Fox Sports 2 (USA), BT Sport 1/2 (UK), TSN1 (Canada), beIN Sports 3 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Sports Go / Fox Soccer2Go (USA), BT Sport Live Streaming (UK)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also often at BBC Radio London, BBC Radio 5 Live, and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!