It’s a big week in Spurs-land. Tottenham Hotspur have travelled to Russia to take on CSKA Moscow in the Champions League group stages, and they really need a result today after losing to Monaco at Wembley two weeks ago.
CSKA are probably one of the weaker teams (along with Leicester) that came out of Pot 1 in the UCL draw, but as they showed in coming back from a 2-0 deficit to draw with Bayer Leverkusen a few weeks ago, they’re not a team to be trifled with. They’re led by Alan Dzagoev and Roman Eremenko, the scorers against Bayern, and they have Russia #1 Igor Akenfeev between the sticks. Add also the fact that they’re pretty good at home and you’ve got yourselves a tough match ahead.
Reportedly about 300 Spurs fans have made the trip to Moscow to watch Spurs play, but they were advised to keep their heads down and not to show their team colors until they were inside the stadium by Tottenham officials. What with the violence inflicted by Russian fans at this summer’s EUROs in France, it’s a sensible precaution.
Tottenham brought a rotated side to Moscow, with Harry Kane and Moussa Sissoko still injured, and Mousa Dembele, Eric Dier, Danny Rose all left behind for precautionary purposes. There’s talk that Son Heung-Min, who has been on a extremely good run of form, might start at striker to give Vincent Janssen a rest ahead of Sunday’s match against Manchester City.
Spurs are in Russia. What could possibly go wrong?
Subs: Vorm, Walker, Wimmer, Carter-Vickers, Winks, Onomah, Nkoudou. #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) September 27, 2016
How to Watch
Date/time: Tuesday, September 27th, 2016, 9:45 p.m. (Moscow), 7:45 p.m. (UK), 2:45 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: Arena CSKA, Moscow, Russia
Official: Antonio Mateu Lahoz (ESP)
TV: Fox Sports 2 (USA), BT Sport 3 (UK), TSN1 (Canada), beIN Sports 3 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Sports Go / Fox Soccer 2Go (USA), BT Sports Streaming (UK)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also often at BBC Radio London, BBC Radio 5 Live, and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!